Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Temple Bar District

Our first night of true debauchery! That would otherwise be known as day two in Dublin, Temple Bar District. I have no idea the name of the pub we went to as it was in Gaelic but holy Guinness did we have a good time.

It starts out with us finding a table in the back of the place. To our left was a table full of Frenchmen & to our right was a table full of Spanish girls. Things started innocently enough, a few Guinness flowed and a live band of 2 men with acoustic guitars were playing. Now they weren't playing traditional Irish music, rather they were playing some more modern choices. It was all good, half the time we were singing along.

I should have noted that things were going to get a bit crazier when 2 of our group...and by 2 I mean 3-4 people decided to get some Jameson along with the Guinness. Next thing I know, 2 cute Irish boys thought they'd have some fun with me. I found myself being serenaded by a boy we now call Ambercrombie thanks to the shirt he was wearing.

Now I can't go into all the details here, suffice to say that at one point the 2 boys thought they'd give it a go to pick up the chair I was occupying. Luckily I was quick & agile like the puma I am & avoided being dropped to the floor.

I don't think I have laughed so much in such a short period of time than I did that night. Thank you Dublin...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment